5 Tips for Buying Shoes that Fit
We've all heard about the many health benefits of walking.
Experts tell us that just 15-30 minutes of walking per day can greatly improve our physical and mental well-being.
But people often give little thought to properly preparing and protecting their feet prior to lacing up.
In an interview with New Day Northwest, EvergreenHealth podiatrist Dr. Peter Lallas shares how some simple preparation can help us avoid common foot health pitfalls, and answers these questions:
- Why is walking harder on our feet than one would think?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes people make when it comes to getting out and walking?
- There are many trends right now in footwear for walking…we see the super lightweight shoes, those funky toe-separated shoes and even hear about the whole ‘barefoot’ trend. How can people make the right choice for walking?
- Are there any other steps we can take to walk injury-free?
- Is there any circumstance where flip-flops are acceptable?